Both apps I had been developing recently got pushed to staff in our office yesterday. We had been waiting for the IT department to create us a P1-level account, however they’re under load as result of Covid-19 and staff now moving to Work from Home, so our account request has been pushed back for now.
In pushing the apps out via Microsoft Teams yesterday, this was the first time these were being run by users outside of my immediate team who had ownership rights to the apps. Danger, Will Robinson! Immediately there was an issue, one of the newer staff, not a member of an older group assigned access, contacted me to advise there was an access issue. The app was loading but one or more of the connected SharePoint lists was not assigned appropriate permissions to allow her access.
I noticed some of the lists had assigned rights to an older domain group (we changed names in mid-2019), so all SharePoint lists I was using needed to be checked and the new group applied with edit rights. Unfortunately, that user hasn’t had time to return, though another within her team used my newsletter article submission app to submit several articles successfully, so updating of permissions has clearly worked as intended. Learning I need to check these things before publishing, part of my processes going forward.